The Óbuda University (Hungarian: Óbudai Egyetem, Latin: Universitas Budensis) named after Óbuda, a part of Budapest, is a technical university in Budapest, Hungary. It was originally founded in 2000 as Technical Institute of Budapest (Hungarian: Budapesti Műszaki Főiskola) with the merging of 3 polytechnical institutes (Donát Bánki Technical Institute, Kandó Kálmán Politechnical College, Light Industry Technical College). With over 12 000 students it is one of the largest technical universities in the country. Having complied with the necessary requirements, the institution was promoted to university status on 1 January 2010 under the name of Óbuda University.
The university with the merger of former polytechnic institutions has founded the following faculties:
- Donát Bánki Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Security Technology
- Kálmán Kandó Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Keleti Károly Faculty of Business and Management
- John von Neumann Faculty of Information Technology
- Rejtő Sándor Faculty of Light Industry and Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Informatics and Telematics Knowledge Center